Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Services (ED) at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Arlington, Texas
Job Code: 00015-102215
Medical City Grand Prairie
Registered Nurse (RN)
Emergency Room (ER)
As Needed (PRN)
Medical City Grand Prairie has brought trauma-designated emergency care to your backyard! This full-service emergency room is staffed with board-certified emergency physicians specially trained to help you through any emergency. And with 12 private treatment rooms and the speed of our services, you won t have to spend any more time waiting long hours to be seen.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
* Delivers professional nursing care to all patients presenting to the ED;
* Performs triage assessment and acuity assignment;
* Follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care;
* Maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions;
* Administers treatments/medications/procedures within scope of practice;
* Participates in coordination of care with ED management staff, team leader, physicians, department staff and ancillary services;
* Responsible for delegation of duties to technical support staff maintaining accountability of delegation;
* Provides patient care as needed for patient types, which include but are not limited to neurological disorders, oncologic, cardiac services, orthopedic disorders, and Trauma in the following age categories: adult, pediatric and geriatric populations.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
* Current CPR - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association.
* Current TNCC, PALS, ACLS required.
* Prefer one year of recent experience.
* Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.