Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Job Code: 26561-4604
PEOPLE. PERFORMANCE. POSSIBILITIES. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400+ can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
The Bayshore Medical Center has been a leader of medical care in the Pasadena area for more than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses, and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate health care.
We are a full-service acute care hospital and emergency room in Pasadena, Texas. Our 345-bed facility employs 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR:
IMPLEMENT BUSINESS AND HR STRATEGY AND PROGRAMS
* Engage designated leaders (CEO, CFO, CNO, Dept., Directors, etc.) to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
* Implement HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives
* If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
ADVISE LEADERS ON PEOPLE ISSUES
* Partner with the executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate HR interventions in collaboration with appropriate COE.
* Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles; act as the human capital strategy architect to proactively work with COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements
* Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement/sensing, and other data)
* Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
* Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
* Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
* Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools
DEPLOY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
* Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
* Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
SUPPORT EMPLOYEE & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
* Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
* Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility temperature through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
* Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts.
IMPLEMENT BUSINESS PERFORMANCE, QUALITY AND PATIENT CARE INITIATIVES
* Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
* Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
* Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
* Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
* Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
* Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues
EXECUTE HR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
* Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
* Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
* Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
* Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
* Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
* Support effective leader and employee communications
* Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
* 7+ years of professional HR experience (performance management, change management, engagement, succession planning, retention, etc.)
* Strong employee relations background (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues).
* Healthcare and/or hospital experience highly preferred.
* Undergraduate college degree required, Masters highly desired.
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.