Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: LPMC-17962
Days (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under the general supervision of the unit Director or designee the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit. The Charge Nurse also provides feedback to the nursing director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s): Morbid obese adult with all co-morbid illness/conditions, including but not limited to: cardiac, pulmonary, renal and metabolic. Orthopedic and spine surgeries including but not limited to joint replacement, spinal fusions, laminectomies, etc.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
* Monitor and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
* Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for a group of patients.
* Provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned to the health care team.
* Job specific competencies
* Other duties assigned.
* RN licensed in state of Texas/Compact state
* Read and write basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders
* Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with staff assistance
* Completion of RN program leading to licensure
* No experience needed
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* One year experience in Med-Surg
* Certification in Med-Surg, Ortho
* Computer skills
* Strong problem solving skills
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.