Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Snellville, Georgia
Job Code: 08621-11160
Days (rotating weekends)
EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER is seeking a SOCIAL WORKER for the CASE MANAGEMENT TEAM.
SHIFT: PART-TIME DAYS ( ROTATING WEEKENDS )
* Triages the needs of behavioral health patients and family support systems at Eastside Medical Center South Campus
* Able to function in a high paced intake environment completing a thorough assessment within 45-60 minutes of patient s arrival
* Able to receive inquiry calls, schedule assessments, and complete assessment and admissions in the intake process
* Communicates clinical information to the on-call psychiatrist
* Coordinates with business office to verify insurance coverage and eligibility
* Acts as a liaison between the facility and resources external to the organization
* Provides crisis intervention and support
* Completes pre-certification process for any Behavioral Patient admitted to Eastside Medical Center South Campus
* Master s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or other Mental/Behavioral Health field required
* GA licensure required
* Mental Health assessment or Psychiatric/Behavioral Health experience; triage/assessment and admissions/crisis intervention or other mental health/chemical abuse experience is preferred
* Knowledgeable of minimum requirements for accrediting bodies, Joint Commission, state and regulatory requirements related to service delivery in the facility
* BLS American Heart Association within 60 days of hire or transfer
* Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
* Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
* Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
* Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.