Technical Superintendent at Sid Richardson Carbon Co
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Borger, TexasJob Description:
Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy, located in Borger, Texas has an immediate opening for a
Founded in 1947 by Sid W. Richardson, a successful oil wildcatter, Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy Co. has demonstrated a proven record of steady and successful growth through continued expansion and process/product improvement. We manufacture carbon black in the Texas Panhandle and pride ourselves on being one of the industry’s most efficient plants in North America.
The Technical Manager is responsible for
- Manage all Plant Projects per SRCE Project Procedures and Standard designs from conception and design through Construction and Commissioning.
- Job performance will be judged by the effectiveness of each project including compliance to project cost and schedules as well as achieving project benefits.
- Participates in plant objective setting, employee development, and plant performance reviews and action plan development and implementation.
- ISO responsibility within your department.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Works with Plant and Fort Worth Management to define all plant project needs and prepares 3 – 5 year Capital and Plant Expense Project Plans.
- Manages and Supervises Mechanical and Electrical Engineers on site as required to support all plant projects.
- Develops all engineering, drawings and equipment specs required to accurately support project development including RFQ’s, cost estimates, justifications / benefits and AFE preparation.
- Manages all Project Phases after approval including Construction / Contractor Management, Commissioning and Operations Handover.
- Ensures all projects are executed safely and meet Safety Compliance requirements resulting in Zero Accidents or Serious Incidents during the project..
- Ensures all Operating and Maintenance Procedures for all projects are prepared prior to handover to the plant.
- Assists all Plant Departments in developing and executing engineered solutions for eliminating department operational issues.
- Monitors plant operational performance of plant equipment and systems to ensure high levels of reliability are achieved. Assists as required with Root Cause Failure Analysis Teams to eliminate failures.
- Prepares Technical Department Performance Reports for each Project as required to control and keep project under budget and on time.
- Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to projects are met at all times
- Manages all Engineering and Project records and Documentation of the plant including storage and retrieval.
- 10 - 15 years in Chemical Plant project management / plant operations / plant maintenance
- Strong preference for powder/solids chemical manufacturing industry background
- Hands on experience with rotating equipment reliability programs a plus
- BSME preferred, BS Chemical Engineering, BS Civil Engineering, BSEE with strong maintenance background could be acceptable
- Graduation must be from a nationally known accredited college or university
- Transcript will be required
This position must be comfortable with relocation to small towns in the Texas Panhandle, West Texas, and/or Fort Worth as required to progress with the Company. Candidate must be available to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends dependent upon the plant maintenance requirements.
Sid Richardson believes in taking care of its employees, therefore we offer the following benefits package
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Vacation/Sick Time Off
Qualified applicants can find an application at http://www.sidrich.com/about/employment/borger-texas/
Please submit completed application and resume to Sonja Berinti at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org