Armed Guard II at MVM, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
TITLE: Armed Guard II - SSA
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
DURATION: PART TIME
TRAVEL: As Needed
SCHEDULE: Must be flexible to work holidays, nights and weekends
**Must have active MD Handgun Permit and MD Guard Card to be considered**
The Armed Guard (Security Officer) serves to ensure the protection of the Social Security Administration (SSA) campus property, employees, and their property 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in a structured regimen and shall perform a variety of security-related duties, depending on the type of posts to which they are assigned. The ideal candidate is sharp, professional with the ability to respond fast to any situation arising during the course of duty.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that SSA property and its occupants are adequately protected against harm or loss by means of deterrence, detection, observation and reporting
- Conduct security patrols as directed
- Conduct access control functions as directed
- Post familiarization, facility entry control, campus entry control, personnel/vehicle inspection processes
- Knowledge of lost and found property and controlled property procedures
- Produce and maintain security related documents, reports, forms and logs as directed
- A High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D) from an accredited institution recognized by U.S. Department of Education;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in one of the following areas:
- A position as an armed security guard
- U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserve service
- Completion of state certified Law Enforcement Education and Training or Police Officer Standard Training course
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with a firearm;
- Excellent communication skills and report writing capabilities;
- Excellent customer service capacity.
- Available to work a minimum of 24 hours a week (12 hour shifts)
- Available to work nights, weekends and some Holidays.
- Maryland Security Guard License (Active, non-expired)
- Maryland Handgun Permit (Active, non-expired)
- Proven track record of passing a government entity shooting Test (Score of 200+)
- Obtain a Suitability Clearance;
- Pass a Government Security Background Investigation, including a:
- Favorable credit check
- Favorable MVR check
- No felony convictions or multiple misdemeanor convictions
- No prior drug use
- Obtain a Maryland Security Guard License
- Obtain Maryland Handgun Permit (HQL)
- Pass all required training, certifications, and licensing
- Pass medical evaluations/examinations to include, but not limited to sight hearing and drug testing
Applicants selected may be subjected to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A Favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Successfully passing a background investigation
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.