Event Coordinator at DePaul University
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Chicago, IllinoisJob Description:
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Event Coordinator
Job ID 3188
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
This position has a direct responsibility for the event planning, production coordination, and scheduling of all external events and participating in scheduling internal events for the DePaul Center eighth floor Conference Center environment, Loop Student Center, and select academic classrooms of DePaul's Loop and Lincoln Park campuses. This position reviews incoming event requests, communicates with clients, and coordinates meeting needs with appropriate University departments through internal 'work order' system or similar planning mechanisms. The position enters event reservation and details on EMS, a specialized reservation software and assists in negotiating contracts for groups external to DePaul. This position manages all invoicing/billing for both internal and external clients by ensuring all payments due DePaul University are made known to the client, collected, accounted for, and allocated to the appropriate chartfields. Provides input to policy and procedures and together with Assistant Director implements. This position oversees student part-time receptionists in the eighth floor environment. In addition, the position performs some research and projects in support of the Loop Student Center and coordinates Loop Student Center office systems.
Responsibilities & Duties
- As part of the Loop/Lincoln park event and conference management team, the Event Coordinator is responsible for scheduling all external clients in the Conference Center environment and available Loop Campus academic space and reviews internal event planning requests as assigned. Reviews requests in event management software program and sends confirmations to clients. Acts as primary contact to external clients for Loop Student Center administration. Manages all external leads from Unique Venues and Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau and establishes new business clients.
- Communicates and meets with clients in planning business, educational and entertainment events. Fields and resolves client inquiries regarding event issues and concerns in a timely manner. Schedules and leads group tours of event spaces. Communicates with all clients as necessary about reservation status, set-up needs, and evaluations of their events. Examines co-sponsored events to ensure departmental policies and procedures are communicated and met by clients.
- Coordinates event production with various departments regarding any special planning as necessary through internal Facility Operations 'work order' system, audiovisual equipment orders or similar planning mechanisms. Liaisons with Catering Department as necessary.
- Prepares rental contracts for signature. Reviews certificates of insurance from external groups for validity. Invoices internal and external clients through specialized software program. Receives, records, and reconciles internal transfers, deposits and final payments for both internal and external clients. Process client refunds via credit card reversals and check voucher requisitions. Allocate deposit payments to Cashier's Office to appropriate chartfield accounts. Generates monthly report of deposits and forwards to Business Manager.
- Coordinates office workflow. Manages eighth floor Conference Center student part-time receptionists. Recruits, hires, trains, schedules, evaluates and terminates those student employees. Coordinate office systems, maintenance and repair of office equipment, and general supplies.
- Completes projects in support of the Loop and Lincoln Park Student Centers program. Examples include: support with departmental advertising, marketing, website and social media; research and perform price analysis for comparable space rentals; and prepares periodic statistical reports for Loop Student Center venues.
- Collect client feedback and distribute reports to relevant full time Housing and Student Centers' staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced service environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in an event planning/production capacity or equivalent is helpful.
- Advertising, marketing, and social media coordination helpful.
- Event planning experience in a non-profit setting helpful.
- Responsible for managing student receptionists at the eighth floor Conference Center.
- Coordinates student receptionists' assignments.
- Gives support in the supervision of the eleventh floor student employees.
- Negotiates facility rentals that generate in excess of $400,000 annually.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Event planning, coordination and leadership abilities.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Makes event planning decisions that commit University facilities and resources.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining a friendly and polite manner. Must be customer service oriented and provide timely information to all clients.
- Contact with others. Daily contact with internal and external clients for the purpose of space reservation inquiries.
- Working knowledge of computers systems software including MS Word, Excel, and EMS - Event Management System and other specialized software programs.
- Respect for and appreciation of DePaul’s diverse population.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Occasional overtime during peak activity times expected.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: