Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Analyst, Global Product Research & Competitive Intelligence
The Global Product Research & Competitive Intelligence team provides objective assessments of the commercial positioning of State Street Global Advisors' product set across all geographic markets, distribution channels and product types. We help State Street Global Advisors achieve its business goals by providing timely and accurate industry information, developing advanced analyses, and identifying threats and opportunities. In addition to collaborating with multiple business units within the firm on ad hoc requests, we prepare multiple regular reports which detail the investment performance and marketability of newly launched and existing products versus our peers.
In this role, you will lead research assignments and projects, and create new analytics, from content to design and interpretation. You will:
• gather and analyze performance, asset flows and risk characteristics for State Street’s strategies versus peers. You will make informed observations about product positioning, strengths and weaknesses in order to update Senior Management and the broader organization,
• meet task deadlines while never sacrificing quality of the output,
• present the team’s findings and analytics to the organization, both verbally and in writing,
• track market shifts and investor trends, and gain broad-based exposure across asset classes,
• interact with our internal clients globally to discuss projects and explain the analyses,
• collaborate with team members to produce periodic and ad hoc management reports, highlighting key findings related to revenue, sales and marketability of State Street’s investment strategies,
• contribute to the firm’s broader strategic and analytic projects,
• constantly advance your knowledge in both asset management and data science,
• represent our team or broader organization in cross-functional projects.
• Intellectually curious and comfortable in an ever-changing environment that is subject to shifting priorities and task loads.
Information Classification: Company Internal
• Comfortable in quantitative analytics and intermediate-level statistics, in particular in analyzing and evaluating numerical data, drawing conclusions and presenting findings.
• Undergraduate degree with 5-10 years of industry experience.
• CFA or a graduate degree, or advanced progress towards either.
• Strong PC and Microsoft Office skills, incl. advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
• Investment manager research or due diligence experience, esp. working knowledge of eVestment, Morningstar or Lipper is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of SQL, R or Python preferred but not required; commitment to learn statistical programming within 12 months of hire will be required.
• Fluency with Tableau or similar visualization software is desirable and will be required within 12 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.