Sales Assistant at A.M. Castle & Co
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
The Sales Assistant position provides business critical insight and delivers excellent customer service and communication to Castle Metal customers. Castle Metals is seeking a talented individual who want to rapidly build their careers in sales. The Sales Assistant will also be responsible for investigating the status of orders as well as establishing customer or new prospects. A successful individual will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to Castle customer s and maintain detailed records for sales leads.
The Sales Assistant can be based out of the corporate office in Janesville, WI and will report to the Inside Sales Manager in Oak Brook. (Requisition #000894)
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
* Investigate the status of orders and advise Customer Service or Inside Sales Representative or customers.
* Investigate orders that have not been shipped and advise appropriate individuals as to current status.
* Investigate customer material claims, coordinate with S.P.G. Purchasing, and communicate findings to personnel initiating claim.
* Investigate other customer claims and respond formally, via letter, claim denial form, or corrective action report.
* Respond to various customer inquiries, either verbally or in writing.
* Maintain service records, credit memo logs, receiving logs, and shipping reports.
* Issue pick-up of defective or unusable material and issue subsequent credit memos, debit memos, RPOs, BPOs, and return of goods to vendor.
* Respond to customers requests for corrected or incomplete paperwork.
* Change order dates, per customer request, and communicate these changes to appropriate personnel.
* Perform other related work as assigned.
* Have 0-5 years of relevant work experience.
* Bachelor s Degree required. Majors in business, sales, industrial distribution or related field preferred.
* Have the ability to conform to Company ISO quality standards and corporate procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on following URL :http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.