Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Req Id 30096 - Posted 06/07/2018 - Engineering & Technology - Beaumont, Texas, US
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance in lightweight and design materials, biosourced materials, new energies, water management, solutions for electronics, and the performance and home insulation.
A specialty chemicals global major producer, with 3 business segments - High Performance Materials, Industrial Specialties, and Coating Solutions - and globally recognized brands. Arkema operates in close to 50 countries worldwide.
The Beaumont Plant is located in Southeast Texas about 30 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico and is about one hour drive east of Houston. Our facility is responsible for the production of methyl mercaptan, ethyl mercaptan, dimethyl sulfide (DMS) and methylmercaptoproprionaldehyde (MMP).
Arkema is seeking a Lead Instrument and Electrical Engineer for our Beaumont facility. This position reports directly to the Reliability Engineering and Projects Manager. In this role, the Lead Instrument and Electrical Engineer will lead and provide technical assistance and support to management and staff on electrical safe work practices. This role will provide engineering assistance in upgrading and maintaining plant instrumental and electrical process controls systems to improve their efficiency, optimization and reliability.
The following is the job description:
* Provide technical guidance, maintenance and troubleshooting expertise for electrical maintenance issues. This includes working with DCS and PLC Systems.
* Demonstrated ability to design and troubleshoot medium/high voltage electrical distribution systems, including experience with electrical distribution equipment such as 13kV switchgear, distribution transformers, protective relays, motor control centers, motors, adjustable speed drives, and industrial lighting.
* Implement, track and document best practices.
* Implement and administer Instrumentation & Electrical Design and Drafting Standards.
* Provide Instrument and Electrical Engineering project design support as well as project construction support.
* Ability to evaluate and provide Instrumentation and Electrical support to training, safety and day-to-day troubleshooting efforts.
* Capital project management for Instrument, Analyzer, Communication systems, Security systems, Local PLC systems, Utility Instrument systems (such as Firewater, Deluge, Product/Raw Material Storage etc.).
* Collaborate and support production troubleshooting efforts as needed.
Minimum job requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering.
* Seven (7) years chemical plant electrical and instrumentation experience with project engineering design required. Demonstrated experience in maintaining medium/high power distribution system design and engineering.
* Familiarity with project management, electronics, logic design and computer programming.
* Knowledge of electrical principals, technologies, codes and standards.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships with internal and external customers.
* Ability to work in a team environment with people at varying job levels.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a changing environment.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of