Sr. Analyst - Financial at Energy Transfer Partners
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE:ETP) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. Strategically positioned in all of the major U.S. production basins, ETP owns and operates a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary natural gas midstream, intrastate and interstate transportation and storage assets; crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL) and refined product transportation and terminalling assets; NGL fractionation; and various acquisition and marketing assets. ETP's general partner is owned by Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE). For more information, visit the Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. website at www.energytransfer.com.
As an Associate Analyst you will be responsible for compiling budget information received from various sources for the Division office. Successful candidate will also be focused on budgeting activities which include: compiling and reviewing data for accuracy, tracking trends in data, analyzing and reporting budget numbers, identifying and resolving variances, making recommendations to management regarding the analysis completed.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Work Plans and Budgets
- Assist areas and Teams with the preparation of the annual O&M and Capital work plans, budgets, and forecasts. This involves reviewing historical cost data, interviewing Area and Team personnel, focusing on planned usage of manpower, materials, supplies, equipment and other associated costs.
- Recommends prioritization of activities considering available resources and prepares final budget documentation for management approval.
- Gathers data related to utilization of resources, completes required reports and documents and compares results with established standards and recommends to supervision any required actions.
- Assists Department and Area Management in developing budget guidelines and processes to be followed by their Area.
Cost Control Analysis
- Ensures that Area and Team level O&M and/or Capital Budget information is gathered, consolidated, reviewed and reported to upper management.
- Reviews, monitors and analyzes actual results versus O&M and/or Capital budgets.
- Reviews financial and statistical data to determine reasons for variances to prepare required documentation.
- Reviews and analyzes trends and variances to recommend changes in the usage of resources.
- Review variances from standard administrative practices, identifies potential problems and notifies supervision of significant deviations.
- Has an understanding of the contracts for service requirements and process.
- May be called on to assist Team/Area personnel with the preparation and submission of requests for new contracts for service agreements or requests for work activation orders.
- Will manage the process to review Team requests for third party service that don't meet the requirements for formal contracts for service. This includes verifying requested work is budgeted, competitive bids are obtained when required, verifying contractors have proper licenses and sufficient insurance coverage and insuring contracts are in place with prospective service providers.
Researches and Processes Requests for Information
- Prepares and/or assists in research and preparation of requests for information, special projects and reports.
- Involves researching, analyzing and compiling various data.
- Works with all levels of personnel within Operations and Engineering (O&E) and other departments to furnish and obtain information, resolve problems, etc., concerning aspects of assigned duties.
- Performs other assignments necessary to implement departmental goals.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business administration, engineering, or related field.
- 2-5 years of analytical experience in any of the following areas: cost or budget analysis; system or procedures analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft software.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with all levels of organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and follow through skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications