Point of Service Rep 1 - ES at Firstsource
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
POINT OF SERVICE REP 1 - ES
GENERAL SUMMARY: The POS Rep works onsite at hospitals either bedside or in the Emergency Room. The Point Of Service Representative will meet with patients prior to discharge to collect co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles; and set up payment arrangements.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Counsel s patients in the hospital regarding their financial liability for services received.
* Takes payments for services.
* Maintains a positive working relationship with the hospital staff of all levels and departments.
* Reports any important occurrences to management as soon as possible (dramatic change in the number or type of referrals, etc.)
* Completes daily tracking of all patients met with and payments collected.
* Accesses and updates information required in working the patient accounts as necessary. (demographics, discharge dates, balances, itemized statements, medical records, etc.)
* Meets specified goals and objectives as assigned by management on a regular basis.
* Maintains confidentiality of account information at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
* Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
* Maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
* Assist with other projects as assigned by management.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor s degree is preferred but is not required
* Prior experience with medical insurance and/or patient accounting processes is preferred
* Must have personal computer skills
* Strong typing skills are helpful
* Ability to effectively work and communicate with coworkers, patients, outside agencies and hospital employees
* Ability to stay on task with little or no supervision
* Demonstrate initiative and creativity in fulfilling job responsibilities
* Excellent organization skills
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy work environment
* Reliability of task completion and follow-up
* Working extended hours may be required as needed
* Travel may be necessary
Firstsource is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO
rights as an applicant under the law, please go through the URL