Strip Inspector-Shop Administration at NCI Building Systems
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: cambridge, Ohio
At NCI, our strength and success lie in one another united in a single purpose: We Create Great Building Solutions Every Day.
CENTRIA has been leading the way with high performance, highly aesthetic architectural systems and building envelopes for over 100 years. Our comprehensive line of exterior metal building products and services help give a dramatic edge to some of the world's finest commercial, institutional and industrial buildings. We continue to be on the cutting edge of architectural system building technology with our advanced thermal and moisture protection technology.
CENTRIA is the leading manufacturer of metal wall and roof systems for use in the commercial, industrial and institutional marketplace. For additional information and photos of our award winning projects, visit www.centria.com.
The Quality Control Technician ensures that the finished product meets or exceeds customer expectations. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for verification of the paint line process setup for each individual order, along with testing of the finished product. The Quality Control Technician identifies defective material and determination of cause(s). The Quality Control Technician verifies the implementation and effectiveness of corrective measures intended to reduce and/or eliminate product rejections.
MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK ANY SHIFT AND WEEKENDS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for product testing each finished coil, according to standard quality control procedures
* Ensures that all finished products meet or exceed customer expectations
* Responsible for identifying the condition(s) and/or cause(s) of defective (HFI) product
* Recommends immediate action(s) to operations employees
* Performs verification analysis (i.e. follow-up testing/inspection) to determine
* if corrective actions have arrested a problem on the production line(s)
* Performs process control testing on the coil coating line(s) during the operating shift
* (i.e. solution tests, etc.)
* Provides information and feedback to operations regarding process changes
* Utilizes various instruments and measuring devices (color & gloss meters, X-ray
* portaspec, spectrophotometer, tensile tester, thickness devices, etc.) to
* perform special product or process tests as required
* Collects process data, which can be analyzed via SPC methods, to validate or refine the technical and/or Quality Assurance standards in place on the production line(s)
* Responsible for ensuring that any order design (or process/product design) changes
* specified by the Quality Engineer or Quality Manager are enacted and adhered to
* within the production process(s)
* Generates shift and daily process reports along with product quality performance reports as required
* Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the Quality and Environmental Managements systems in place at Metal Coaters
* Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of employees in order to assist in
* resolving problems and achieving company goals
* Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly
* Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
* Perform all duties in a safe manner
* Perform other duties as assigned
It is the responsibility of all employees to avoid environmental impacts including but not limited to the release of gas or toxic vapors, solvents, paints, grease, oils and various other chemicals into the environment. Caution needs to be taken to avoid spills. If a spill occurs Metal Coaters, (Spill Response, Log and Report procedures) must be followed. In addition, all employees are responsible to recycle all recyclable materials including but not limited to paper, plastics, cardboard, ink cartridges, etc. Good housekeeping practices are essential as a preventative measure.
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or Minimum 3 years of experience or related work experience is required
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence. In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one, in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and statistics. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition, the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Must be able to understand metal and paint characteristics Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines Ability to work with a diversified work force Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently
required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel
objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance for essential
tasks. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas.
Before initiating work at Metal Coaters, the employee is required to read and understand the position s
JOB SAFETY ANALYSIS:
The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with NCI and Metal Coaters safety training, NCI Employee Manual and OSHA regulations.
Note: The statements included in this job description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
NCI is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.