Wellness Services Manager, RN at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is searching for a passionate, organized, dynamic RN who is a natural leader to manage our students' Wellness Clinic. This position requires an active California RN license in good standing, associate of arts degree in nursing and three years of health care experience with at least one year of supervisory experience.
TIJCC is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study. Our team feels good about the work we do to help young adults change their lives.
Responsible for the management and supervision of the Wellness Center. Responsible for the provision of preventative and emergency health services and wellness education to students.
- Evaluates student health issues and concerns and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Maintains and revises current health care guidelines to ensure quality and effective wellness services to students.
- Proactively manages the Center's medical separation process and provides students with the required medical services and referrals to ensure student return and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Complies with local and federal guidelines for the administration of all medications and maintenance of medical records.
- Supervises, effectively motivates, empowers and manages wellness staff to perform their job responsibilities.
- Ensures adequate staff coverage to meet the needs and requirements of the student population.
- Employs sound time-management and delegation skills.
- Maintains Memorandums of Understandings with local hospitals and wellness related community resources.
- Compiles and submits all required reports and plans per Department of Labor and corporate office policy.
- Oversees and manages the Wellness budget and identifies and secures cost-saving measures.
- Acts as Center liaison with local agencies for purchasing applicable third-party health insurance for students, coordinating health services, environmental health inspections and other health-related issues.
- Coordinates and oversees the chronic condition case management programs.
- Ensures adequate inventory of medical equipment and supplies.
-Ensures compliance with HIPPA and other applicable laws and regulations regarding patient privacy and the maintenance of medical records.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
- Commuter Benefits & Shuttle Service (varies)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.