Academic Instructor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Responsible for providing instruction and training to students in the Career Education Center. Develops individual achievement plans and academic goals to ensure student academic achievement in the program. Works with the Career Technical Training Instructors to infuse applied academics into CTT curricula to enhance student learning and success. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
- Responsible for providing instruction and training to students in the Career Education Center.
- Develops individual achievement plans and academic goals to ensure student academic achievement in the program.
- Works with the Career Technical Training Instructors to infuse applied academics into CTT curricula to enhance student learning and success.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with academic training leading to GED/HSD completion and improved literacy and numeracy skills.
- Provides students with comprehensive and individualized case management that ensures student progress, achievement and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Ensures classroom is well organized and conducive to student learning. Holds students accountable for following Center's dress code/behavioral standards of conduct.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population.
- Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school required. Master's degree preferred.
- A valid in-state teaching certificate.
- Previous teaching or Job Corps experience preferred.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
- Commuter Benefits & Shuttle Service (varies)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.