Copper Plating Process Engineer ∞ (Menomonie, WI) at 3M
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Menomonie, Wisconsin
3M is seeking a Copper Plating Process Engineer for the MicroReplication Operations (MRO) located in Menomonie, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Copper Plating Process Engineer will provide daily manufacturing support for the tooling operations in the MRO value stream. These activities will include Test Method development, supporting New Product Introduction (NPI), specifying equipment upgrades, training production technicians, and delivering process improvements using proven six sigma tools and methodology.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: http://www.3m.com/us/mfg_industrial/MAP/3M_IATD_SEMINAR/About_3M_Innovation/7.3.1.html
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical leadership to copper plating technicians
- Create and publish monthly TQRDC metrics
- Establish and maintain product specifications in accordance with customer requirements
- Develop and update test methods and consensus standards to drive quality improvements
- Support local and global manufacturing teams on rapid resolution of customer complaints; including timely response, communication and implementation of corrective actions
- Lead and support quality improvement projects and quality audits in manufacturing
- Use of Lean, Six Sigma and Value stream tools to drive improvements
- Perform capability assessments and cost estimates for new opportunities
- Drive process development, recommend new equipment and modification to support cost improvements and new product introductions
- Coordination of training on new systems or processes
- Work with internal and external resources as needed to accomplish objectives
- As necessary, ability to cover nights, weekends, and holidays to support 24-hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year continuous manufacturing
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in a quality, product or manufacturing engineering, and/or product/process development in a private, public, government or military environment
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) or more years of experience in Manufacturing, Process, and/or Product Engineering environment in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of one year experience with process and product development in a private, public, government or military environment
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience in electroplating operations
- Experience in chemical analysis test methods: GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP
Location: Menomonie, WI
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic or international travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.