Category Management Manager at RB
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company. We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands.
A fantastic opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and Customer Category Manager to join our Precision Sales team.
The Customer Category Manager role at RB leads the long term Category vision and strategy to drive Retailer category growth. The individual is responsible for mining shopper insights through both shopper loyalty data and custom shopper research and developing commercial activation plans to meet the shopper needs. The Customer Category Manager plays a key role in the 4P category strategy to deliver 4P solutions that drive retailer category growth ahead of the market.
A key measure of success is the development of a long term category partnership with the retailer with demonstrable deep customer knowledge and wide penetration in the account with all relevant 4P stakeholders. The position holder is directly responsible for the customisation and execution of all aspects of 4P strategy. Including, translating & executing effective LSM (local success model) strategies which are mutually beneficial to RB & the customer's category performance.
Primary focus is on presence and placement working in partnership with sales and drawing insight and input from Trade Marketing & Consumer Marketing (including Shopper Insights).
- Develop and deliver effective 4P execution based on Local Success Models and an understanding of customers, categories and consumers to maximize profitability.
- Liaise with Trade Marketing to ensure that NPD plans and wider categories are aligned and best practices are shared.
- Customize 4P strategies and plans to align with and support the retailers category strategy
- Effectively negotiate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders and influence key decision-makers to improve in-store presence & shopper conversion
- Work in partnership with Shopper Insight team to undertake bespoke account research
- Contribute to headquarter NPD meetings by representing the customer's viewpoint to improve the effectiveness and applicability of the final go to market strategy.
- When conducting specific shopper research through, set performance targets and proactively identify 4P opportunities based on in-depth understanding of the customer's capability, position in the market and willingness to execute.
- Implement and own Category initiatives from concept to in-store execution
- Develop exceptional relationships with the Retailer based on demonstrating Category expertise based on objectivity and credible data/insights.
- Play an integral role as part of the line review process including full Category optimization and planogram adjacency/allocation of space recommendations.
- Ability to drive very solid analytical skills and create presentation with Category centric insights and actionable recommendations to drive Category growth.
Is this You?
- 4-year college degree
- 5-years experience in either FMCG, Top ten national retailer or client facing in blue chip data provider (eg. Extra Care, Emnos/Unify, 8451 Loyalty Data / Nielsen)
- Proven track record of influencing within cross-functional relationships with key decision makers.
- Proven ability to develop strong long term client/customer relationships
- Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Panel Data, A&Us)
- Proficient in Planogram software (JDA Prospace, Apollo)
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Nielsen/IRI)
- Highly proactive with strong time management & organizational skills
- Proven political understanding & resilience demonstrating the ability to operate on their own with demanding customers
Fast paced. Tired of having to jump though endless hoops to get things done? Not here. We move fast and deliver.
Growth. Frustrated by the lack of growth opportunities in your current company? Not here¡ RB takes pride in the development and continued growth of our employees through steady rotations and promotions.
Autonomy. RM empowers you to OWN what you do.
Iconic Global Brands. http://bit.ly/RBNABrands Take a look. You´ll be surprised at how many you already have in your home.
Feel good about the Company you work for! RB is committed to making the world a better place through better rb usiness. http://bit.ly/rbsustainability
Passport Stamps . Does working internationally interest you? Perform well and Global doors can open for you at RB.
Work with smart people. We have a talented workforce that believes in sharing ideas to help each other, and the company succeed.
Vacation. We offer 4 weeks´ vacation, 9 core Holidays and 4 floating days.
- 16 weeks paid Maternity leave.
- Competitive base salaries and bonuses.
- Tuition reimbursement.
In return, RB will offer you a very competitive salary with excellent benefits , a fast-paced working environment with incredible opportunities to develop yourself, and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.