Advanced Culinary Fine Dining Instructor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Our Culinary Arts Department is eager to hire a full-time Culinary Arts Instructor who is dedicated to their craft and eager to share it with our students. This job requires a good mix of technical knowledge, people skills, and professionalism. We're looking for someone who is eager to make a difference in our students' lives. You can get paid to feel fulfilled at work.
Your background and skill set include:
- Experience in executive or sous chef positions- Managing BOH restaurant functions- Menu planning, ordering and execution
- Current with culinary trends, techniques and implementations
- Extensive knowledge in regional and cultural cuisines, as well as seasonal and sustainably conscientious
- Maintaining industrial cleanliness and health code standards
- Versed in training methods and techniques
- Develops lesson plans and demonstrates effective teaching methods and techniques
- Prepares written materials and handouts that are explicit, well-organized and legible
- Maintains an attractive, stimulating, professional atmosphere in classroom/commercial kitchen, which is conducive to learning
- Interacts with students, co-workers, and supervisors in a positive, cooperative and professional manner, at all times, so as to demonstrate to students a model of expected behavior on the job
- Maintains relations with industry professionals
Education & experience requirements:
- Prior Executive Chef experience preferred
- A minimum of one year experience in teaching or related field required- A valid in-state trade certificate, licensure or accreditation required.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Treasure Island Job Corps Center is a federally‐funded vocational training program serving over 500 youth ages 16‐24. We are a highly performance‐based organization with very clear responsibilities, expectations, and support. We invest in our people, we measure and reward achievements. We are in the business of helping young people in need of professional training and job placement assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.