Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Largo, Florida
Plater / Finisher
The Plater / Finisher is primarily responsible for producing parts that meet cosmetic requirements and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operate Bead Blast Operations,
* Operate centrifugal finishing equipment.
* Operate Vibratory finishing equipment.
* Operate buffing equipment.
* Plug and mask parts per print for all mechanical and chemical finishing operations
* Operate chemical finishing operations such as Type II passivation, clear coat anodize, hard coat anodize, etc.
* Perform weighing and measuring operations to maintain bath concentrations as instructed and basic maintenance on all equipment.
* Operate waste water handling equipment according to instructions.
* Performs other related tasks including but not limited to performing housekeeping tasks required to keep the work area safe, clean and organized. Perform basic maintenance on all equipment
* Sustains and maintains 5S standards and all continuous improvement activities.
Work Experience Requirements: A minimum of one year work experience preferably in manufacturing environment specifically finishing and/or coating processes.
Education Requirements: None.
Knowledge Requirements: Able to follow written and verbal instructions. Able to learn and become proficient in metals finishing/plating, reading instructions/schematics/blueprints, operating various types of production equipment and use gauges and other measurement tools. Must be willing to work in and follow all metals finishing and plating procedures. Able to work at established production rates and demonstrate good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity. Basic computer skills. Willingness to work with materials/chemicals used in the manufacturing process. Must demonstrate the ability to operate equipment without causing injury to oneself, or damage to equipment or product. Must be able to work scheduled overtime. Must be willing and able to continually rotate through a variety of manufacturing processes, performing all types of tasks in a cell/team environment.
CONMED Corporation is a progressive, global medical device company. Through thoughtful leadership, innovation and team work, we are changing the future of medicine. Our 3,500 employees worldwide make meaningful contributions, positively impact the business, and advance in their careers as our company and product portfolio grows.
We are a leader in Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Anesthesiology and our employees enjoy challenging and diverse job opportunities across these varied specializations. We are headquartered in upstate New York with additional domestic facilities in FL, CA, MA, NJ, CO, and GA. We have an international presence in more than 20 locations throughout Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, North America, and the Middle East.
* CONMED offers competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7%
* Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.