Dental Assistant at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Serves as a dental assistant to the dentist contracted to provide services on Center.
- Make appointments and retrieve students to minimize no-shows.
- Prepares patient for the exam.
- Sterilizes and disinfects instruments.
- Sets up the instrument trays and prepares materials.
- Assists the Dentist during dental procedures.
- Complete or assist with dental x-rays.
- Records medical and dental information in an accurate and timely manner.
- May assist with other dental procedures in compliance with guidelines.
- Performs clerical duties related to the department.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Advance degrees preferred.
- Must possess State Certification and x-ray certification.
- Prefer 1-2 years of clinical experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.