Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Under general direction of the Sr. Supply Chain Manager, Sherman + Reilly, this position is responsible for the overall development and execution of commodity and cost reduction strategies for assigned commodities. This position has responsibility for multiple locations and commodities and utilizes tools such as reverse auctions, leveraging, VA/VE, and global sourcing to effectively drive cost out of the supply chain. This position works closely with technical resources to develop and implement cost reduction projects.
• Provide commodity leadership for assigned commodities by proactively developing and implementing near term and long-term commodity strategy through team engagement, aggressive management, and proactive follow through.
• Locate, evaluate, negotiate, and select suppliers and potential suppliers to gain the best quality, cost and delivery of purchased material consistent with required standards.
• Proactively manage cost reduction and other related cross-functional projects to achieve specific goals.
• Establish and manage a supplier segmentation strategy to support supply base performance improvement.
• Support enterprise commodity objectives by actively participating in enterprise initiatives.
• Monitor, track, and react to critical market forecasts and condition changes.
• Manage supplier tooling and capacity in line with commodity objectives.
• Negotiate and enforce contracts, payment terms, and terms and conditions of purchase that support commodity, savings, and cash objectives.
• Reduce the overall number of suppliers required to support commodity objectives.
• Manage component and assembly pricing structure and resolve discrepancies.
• Support engineering and product management with new product launches, product improvements and changes, and product rationalization.
• Maintain accurate records in accordance with policy and procedure.
• Develop, implement, and manage metrics to track overall success and effectiveness of commodity performance.
• Resolve high level, significant supplier performance issues.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or a technically related discipline is required.
• Technical Bachelor’s degree and/or a Master’s degree is preferred.
• Demonstrated application of Lean - Six Sigma methodologies to improving flow.
• 5+ years of procurement experience in a high-paced, multi-location environment. Automotive or Fortune 500 experience is preferred.
• A proven track record of success in progressively managed supply chain organizations in a role requiring significant commodity leadership.
• Strong project management and team leadership skills with the ability to develop strong support for change with all levels of internal and external organizations.
• Self-driven, results oriented, and motivated to work effectively without direct supervision.
• Comprehensive knowledge of selected commodities.
• Knowledge of purchasing systems and principles including experience with low cost country sourcing, auctions, VA/VE, and other leveraging tools.
• Solid computer skills and analytical abilities.
• Ability to read blue prints.
• Basic understanding of materials planning systems (SAP knowledge preferred).
• Experience in implementing or using SAP would be strongly desired.
• Travel – 10 %
This position may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally with assistance.
The responsibilities outlined in the position description serve as a general guideline for the position and may not be exhaustive of all duties inherent in the position.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Purchasing & Procurement