Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Job ID: 18006816
Company Name: TIAA Bank
The Retail Loan Originator (LO) position is an outside sales associate that sources and originates retail mortgage loans for TIAA Bank from 3rd party referral sources (realtors, builders, etc.) and manages the client experience from application to closing. This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
* Conducts outside sales activities customarily and regularly outside any fixed site including, but not limited to, TIAA Bank s places of business and away from the loan originator s own office or home
* Establish a strong presence for TIAA Bank including, but not limited to, developing relationships with realtors, builders, financial service providers, and community groups
* Participate in all steps related to the origination of a mortgage loan including, but not limited to, meeting with prospects, counseling borrowers, and taking mortgage applications
* Attend various rallies, luncheons, and events to raise referral source awareness of the company s products and services
* Learn various borrowing programs and processes, and stay current with changes and new products
* Maintain sales at or above production standards as stated in the incentive plan
* Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and programs
* Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position
* Regularly track, maintain, and update accurate records of related outside sales activities within TIAA Bank guidelines
* Maintain personal marketing and business plans (subject to TIAA Bank guidelines); marketing efforts made by the associate are for the benefit of the associate and TIAA Bank does not typically provide an internal referral source for the Retail Branch channel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of financial aspects of mortgage origination and processing
* Strong sales skills with ability to cold call and penetrate new referral sources for leads
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Entrepreneurial mindset
* Must possess superior customer service skills
* Excellent listening skills
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license issued within the United States, insurance, and a driving record within TIAA Bank s Vehicle Policy guidelines
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Three (3) years current retail loan origination experience
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* Established sales network with proven ability to self-source new clients and customers through market penetration, referral and MSA programs preferred
* Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
MA - ALL, NY - ALL, NJ - Woodbridge, MI - Ann Arbor, CT - ALL, IL - Chicago, NJ - ALL, PA - Plymouth Meeting, NY - Manhattan