Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Auto req ID
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
The Shipping/Receiving Operator ships finished product or raw materials identified to be returned, receives raw materials or returned goods, maintains and completes all shipping and receiving documents, places received items in the correct assigned storage location, and prepares product for shipment.
* Inspects orders to ensure that all parts of the order to be shipped are present and assembles package to ship.
* Completes and files all transactional documents (including labels, packing slips, insurance paperwork, etc.) to ship product/material.
* Monitors Quality Points at work station and records required data and ensures packages are secured in accordance with specifications.
* Dims, and weighs each package to be in accordance with courier, trucking, and freight forwarder.
* Maintains orders in computer for tracking purposes and ensures each order was closed correctly on the computer with correct address and shipped accordingly.
* Ships hazardous material goods in compliance with D.O.T. and I.A.T.A. regulations.
* Receives orders/materials upon arrival and places received products/materials in assigned storage location.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
* High School Diploma or Associate s Degree in related field
* 2+ years of previous shipping/receiving experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
* Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
* Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
* Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
* Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
* Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
* Ability to work overtime as necessary.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment may be high.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled