Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
OVERVIEW: Advanced Resources is partnered with a valued client in close vicinity to Northbrook, IL! They are currently in need of a Senior Accountant to assist with an overflow of responsibilities that need to be completed with year-end quickly approaching.
COMPENSATION: $45/Hr - $50/Hr
* Concurrently performs multiple assignments with multiple priorities.
* Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures, including journal entries, monthly financial statements and other reports to be used by management for analyzing financial information in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Stay abreast of accounting pronouncements, practices, and trends.
* Assume ownership of financial controls in assigned area and monitor controls for effectiveness and improvement; alert management as appropriate, evaluate areas for new financial controls that may be necessary, and fully document all controls.
* Review unusual transactions for appropriateness and make proper notations.
* Ability to develop accounting procedures and to monitor compliance with existing ones.
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting OR a Certified Public Accountant
* 5+ Years of Experience within Accounting. Specifically with Month End Close, Account Reconciliations, Variance Analysis, etc.
* Experience with ERP System (ie. SAP, Oracle, JDE, Microsoft Dynamics) is a MUST
* Intermediate Excel Skills (VLOOKUPS/Pivot Tables)
Advanced Resources is a talent solutions organization headquartered in Chicago providing staffing, consulting, and workforce solutions nationwide. Our goal is to help people move their careers forward and help businesses solve their most complex challenges. Thanks to our commitment to providing an exceptional experience for both our clients and talent, we are a perennial winner of the prestigious Best of Staffing(R) Diamond Award. By placing our team, clients, and talent first, every day we make a difference.
Advanced Resources is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.