Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
The Director of Claims Management and Resolution is responsible for leading a team of claims professionals to direct the company's global claims efforts. He/She will develop and implement global claim management, tracking & reporting strategies. He/She will oversee the development, implementation, and management of claims, loss mitigation and subrogation practices and procedures that promote timely, equitable and reasonable resolution of claims in accordance with Company values and objectives. He/She will provide claims information, financial analytics, material reserving trends, and case developments to SVP, Enterprise Risk Management and Operations Management to support business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide direction and leadership regarding handling on insured and self-insured claims including but not limited to: workers compensation, employers liability, auto liability, auto physical damage, general liability, employment practices liability, crime-fidelity, professional liability, executive liability, property, warehouse legal liability, motor truck cargo liability, and other claims as needed.
* Provide advice, counsel and leadership regarding claims handling and resolution strategies.
* Participate in the review and development of claims and risk management policies and procedures.
* Accountable for the leadership, performance and results of the Claims Management & Resolution team.
* Lead efforts that increase productivity and goal accomplishment. Establish and implement qualitative and quantitative KPI's for measuring claims management success.
* Provide day-to-day management and handling of major claims and work with internal and external constituents to support investigations, discovery, settlement conferences, pre-trial and trial preparations, and related incident support.
* Establish claim-reserving strategies for insurers/TPAs. Monitor claims reserves and provide regular updates to management on material reserve changes. Set reserve change authorizations for internal team and adjusters.
* Proactively communicate to Management on a timely basis information regarding large, complex claims and material reserve changes to existing claims.
* Collaborate with the Legal Department, particularly in conjunction with significant litigation, major claims, root cause analyses, and matters.
* Working with insurers /TPA and Broker, ensure proper controls are in place for timely and accurate claim reporting and claims system data integrity.
* Ensure all claims reporting and supporting information are complete and accurate.
* Manage the claims payment process and oversee subrogation /collection efforts against third parties.
* Conduct regularly scheduled claim file reviews to assess case status, financials and resolution strategy.
* Lead the training and development of the risk management / claims team.
* Drive performance management of the team, including regular meetings, coaching and feedback; collaborate with Human Resources to address any performance gaps and development opportunities.
* Manage and oversee the internal claims reporting systems and insurer claims and loss information.
* Administrative functions including: performance management, talent reviews, department budgets, invoice/expense review and approval, management reporting on claims; gather, prepare and maintain investigative materials for major claims, maintain reserve report; Assist Enterprise Risk Management with insurance renewals.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Internal: Corporate, Divisional and Operational Leadership, employees
* External: Insurers, adjusters, third-party administrators, brokers, outside counsel, medical professionals, regulators, consultants, and claimants.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
* Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business or related discipline required. Juris Doctor degree optional
* Minimum twelve (12) years professional claims experience. Experience working within a risk management department and claims organization preferred.
* Minimum of eight (8) years experience in leading, building, developing, and managing collaborative teams.
* Demonstrated results in establishing strategic goals and metrics for measuring success
* Relevant professional certifications such as Associate in Claims (AIC), Certified Claims Professional (CCP), Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) etc.
* Excellent computer application skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Gmail.
* Experience with insurer / TPA claims systems.
* Highly-driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic leader capable of communicating, motivating, and driving people toward positive change and improvement
* Strong leadership, collaboration, analytical, influential, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Must be results-oriented with the ability to drive continuous improvement within the Claims Management function as well as the overall organization
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both verbally, non-verbally and in writing. Capable to make good decisions and demonstrate sound judgment
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
* Ability to travel at varying frequencies and work long, irregular hours as required based on business demand
* Must have a valid driver's license and be willing to use personal vehicle