- Required to wear all company supplied safety equipment and comply with the company’s cG.M.P., Lockout – Tagout and Safety Programs.
- Do not operate equipment without safety guards in place.
- Keep the backstands filled with paper at all times with the correct amount of rolls, basis weight, width, and vendor for each job.
- This information must be marked by the operator on each roll before placing any roll on the backstand.
- Responsible for keeping the paper tracked properly at all times.
- NOTE: The top and bottom tracks must be tracked separately.
- Troubleshoot any machine problems for paper adjustments, tails, bites, jams, and foldovers
- Balance full and partial rolls on the top and bottom of the backstand especially at the end of the shift insuring proper startup on the next shift.
- Make sure that all fans, air valves, silicone and other mechanical parts are shut off when stopping for breaks and lunch.
- Record the lot # as well as the appropriate letter for the vender (E, KC, B, and T) and the size (20 x18) on the side of each roll.
- Write the vendor lot #, the appropriate vendor lot letter on the Paper Lot Tracking Record.