Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mont Belvieu, Texas
Energy Transfer is a Texas-based company that began in 1995 as a small intrastate natural gas pipeline operator and is now one of the largest and most diversified investment grade master limited partnerships in the United States. Growing from roughly 200 miles of natural gas pipelines in 2002 to more than 83,000 miles of natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), refined products, and crude oil pipelines today. The Energy Transfer family of partnerships remains dedicated to providing exceptional service to its customers and attractive returns to its investors.
This position is responsible for providing mechanical support for Mont Belvieu Storage and Pipeline Assets.
* Responsible for maintenance, installation repair, testing, overhaul and troubleshooting of various types of equipment such as pumps (centrifugal, PD, sumps), controls, protective devices (relief valves), valves, actuators, instrument air systems, flares and meters.
* Perform preventive maintenance duties while being proficient with the installation/removal of rotating equipment including rigging and laser alignment.
* Responsible for maintaining, installing, repairing, testing, operating and troubleshooting specific elements of the pipeline facilities within an assigned area.
* Maintain various, valves, and valve operators and similar equipment; hydraulic hoses, rigs and loading arms.
* Experienced at investigating, analyzing and solving problems.
* Directs other specialist level technicians and provides direction/training to less experienced technicians.
* Works closely with other pipeline departments and customers such as operations, maintenance, E&I, and Houston Control Center.
* Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations, and familiar with DOT codes, computers, various types of test equipment, etc.
* Must use and operate all pertinent safety equipment when performing duties in potentially hazardous areas (respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, etc.).
* Maintain safe and healthful working conditions by exercising sound judgment, complying with all industry safety regulations and standards, and keep current with changing industry regulation and standards
* Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork as required.
* This position may be required to participate in all aspects of emergency response as directed.
* High school diploma or GED
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE IS COMMENSURATE WITH THE SELECTED JOB LEVEL:
* Level C requires a minimum of 0 - 2 years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
* Level B requires a minimum of 2 4 years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
* Level A requires a minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience in a midstream operations role or equivalent work experience
* This position is "On-Call" and subject to call outs and will respond to emergencies as required.
* Must have valid driver s license for the state of residence.
* Must be able to work in severe weather conditions.
* The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
* The ability to climb ladders and maneuver in small spaces.
* The ability to stand for long periods of time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABLED/VETERAN
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the assigned position.