Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Job Code: 00355-9542
$7,500 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED TO QUALIFIED NURSES!
CAPITAL REGIONAL is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Surgical Services provides preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care for adult and pediatric patients, (no less than 3 months or 10 lbs). The operating suite consists of nine suites. The operating suite is open from 6:00am to 11:00pm Monday through Friday, and on call all other hours. Procedures performed in the Operating Room include general, ENT, oral, thoracic, vascular, urological, orthopedic, gynecological, cardiovascular and neurosurgical. Cases are pre-scheduled elective, urgent, and emergent. General, regional, moderate and local anesthesia is available. Patient care is provided under the direction of a nursing director, with responsibility and authority to carry out all established policies, and for providing overall direction in the quality, safety, and appropriateness of patient care provided.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process in the peri-operative setting.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
* Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
* Accurately records patient charges.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient s care which results in patient harm.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
* Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for daily availability of supplies and equipment specific to specialty coordination with the OR Materials Coordinator, SPD Supervisor, CSS and/or Director.
* Coordinates and maintains instrument trays to assure they are available and in good repair.
* Responsible for restocking and maintaining standard stock of supplies; coordinates ordering with OR Materials Coordinator or SPD Supervisor.
* Responsible for assuring physician preference cards are current in computer database.
* Maintains current knowledge base of changing equipment technologies, and techniques within their specialty area.
* Works with physicians in specialty to ensure service time is operating efficiently.
* Anticipates needs by reviewing future schedules.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing required
* Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire
* BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card required
* CNOR preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Minimum 1 year previous acute care or peri-operative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician s orders
* Knowledge of body substance isolation
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 02/12/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.