Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Panama City, Florida
Job Code: 00096-7583
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care.
Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area s only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital s cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). It is also an affiliate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Cancer Care Network. These designations enhance the hospital s quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
The CT Technologist performs technical procedures, applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology. Regulates equipment used to expose the x-ray image as well as process and organize the image in PACS.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
* Uses knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and emergency procedures to provide safe and effective patient care.
* Maintains strict infection control techniques at all times.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient s care which results in patient harm.
* Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
* Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* SERVICE: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for reasonable patient/customer expectations.
* QUALITY/ETHICS/INTEGRITY: Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of work.
* RELATIONSHIPS: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements.
* ADAPTABILITY: Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
ARRT (R) registry required
CT registry required within 6 months of hire
BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
State of Florida required License
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
1-3 years of experience preferred
Knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and CT concepts to include head, body, MSK, spine and chest imaging.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand physician s orders
Knowledge of body substance isolation
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
Basic computer skills
Last Edited: 02/11/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.