Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
What you ll do
The Direct Purchasing Manager is responsible for procurement of Bill of Material (BOM) items for GKN Aerospace Engine Systems U.S. East. The role will be primarily based in at the US East headquarters in Newington, CT, and require regular travel to (1) Manchester, CT (2) North Charlestown, NH and (3) Muncie, IN. The Direct Purchasing Manager reports directly to the Supply Chain Director and directly manages a team of Buyers for U.S. East as well as a portfolio of suppliers.
* Manage, coach, and develop the US East Buyers
* Manage all aspects of the supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction.
* Interfaces with the Global Commodity Team to contribute to and drive the implementation of global strategies and action plans
* Negotiate long-term agreements with suppliers for materials, components, equipment and services at the lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability of source and urgency requirements
* Support achievement of Divisional cash targets/cost reduction by monthly reporting and improvement targets
* Create the sites' Procurement Strategy in line with Divisional Strategy
* Ensures that all strategy and policies disseminated from the Global Purchasing function are implemented throughout the site.
* Ensures that all Policy and Procedures within the Purchasing Function are adhered to. Suggests modifications to Policies and Procedures as required to ensure compliance to legal, financial, and customer requirements
* Ensures delivery of the site metrics targets.
* Manage purchase order execution and product delivery, including timely placement of schedule agreements, billing adjustments / terminations mitigation and cost reduction execution
* Tracks, provides material status and expedites actual and forecast shortage materials as required to achieve timely receipt of materials. Validates supplier commitments.
* All other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field required.
* 5+ years of experience in purchasing/supply chain experience in manufacturing, including experience in the aerospace industry, required.
* Experience with FAR/DFARS required.
* U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance
* Supervisory/management experience in purchasing/supply chain highly preferred.
* Experience in a manufacturing production/engineering capacity highly preferred.
* SAP knowledge/experience preferred.
* Lean manufacturing knowledge/experience preferred.
Communication Skills - Interpersonal and Verbal
Knowledge of Industry / Field / Function
Motivation / Attitude Towards the Position
Relevant Educational Experience
Relevant Work Experience
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.