Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
About the opportunity
The Design Integration Engineering Lead will be the technical engineering representative/coordinator between engineer teams in GKN Aerospace Sweden, GKN Aerospace Newington and Pratt & Whitney (P&W) hot and cold section for the ongoing NGPF programs.
This person will be located in the U.S., based out of the GKN Newington location, sharing time between GKN Newington and P&W Connecticut in order to coordinate communication within the NGPF Value Stream.
What you'll do
* Supports changes to engineering design in support of initiatives (i.e. costs, producibility, etc.).
* Coordinates the engineering work between P&W engineers and GKN engineers.
* Ensures that GKN receives necessary technical information from P&W to release engineering output according to established plans.
* Supports production as well as the concession process at P&W.
* Represents GKN and participates in all P&W reviews. Hosts presentations for P&W chiefs and managers.
* Supports the Design Chief Engineers on their technical reviews (internal & external) as required and assigned.
* Develops and coordinates aftermarket technical data with GKN engineering team.
* Coordinates aftermarket technical data with regulatory authorities.
* Addresses and supports aftermarket issues and inquires for maintainability.
* Implements a harmonized process, ensuring the product development and support work is efficient within both P&W and GKN design systems.
* Responsible for establishing long term working procedures with P&W Systems Engineering and Product Support organizations.
* Other projects as assigned.
* Ensures adherence to all applicable Quality processes and procedures including;
* All regulatory laws and guidelines are complied with
* Customer requirements (where mandated)
* Export Control and ITAR requirements
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering / related field.
* 5+ years' experience in engineering design, project, manufacturing and/or operations.
* 3+ years aerospace industry design systems
* GKN Experience
* Able to travel 15% domestically, and internationally as required.
* Proficiency in blueprint interpretation (GD&T).
* Knowledge of machine shop processes.
* Proficiency in general computer skills (Windows & MS Office).
* Good interpersonal team working and communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders, including building trust between P&W and GKN Engineers.
* Knowledge of aerospace industry design systems (P&W preferred).
* Some product knowledge of Intermediate case (IMC) as well as Turbine Exhaust Case (TEC).
* CAD education or experience (Teamcenter & NX Unigraphics preferred).
* Some FE education or experience (ANSYS preferred).
* Proactive in regards to new developments of expertise required.
* Self-motivated, resourceful, strong minded and committed.
* Able to demonstrate the ability to work, and deliver, under own initiative.
* Innovative toward all aspects of the job.
* Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.