Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters.
IT Manufacturing Business Analyst Position Summary: This position will work directly with manufacturing leaders, business users, and IT teammates to plan, define, design, specify, test, train, implement, and support manufacturing solutions. The position requires an in-depth understanding of manufacturing objectives and processes, as well as senior level experience implementing, modifying, extending and supporting Oracle EBS manufacturing-related modules. Prior experience in Discrete Manufacturing is required, and prior experience in a configure/build/engineer-to-order environment would be ideal.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to be considered for this position.
- 5+ years of Oracle Applications experience implementing and supporting, in at least 3 of the following Oracle modules (Purchasing, WMS, ASCP, WIP, Cost, BOM, MRP, Order Management and Inventory).
- 10+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be willing and able to work in a manufacturing environment assisting and supporting end users.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and participate in cross-functional business projects.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, clarify, quantify and document business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to define a project scope and then manage within it.
- Demonstrated ability to suggest, define and implement business improvement projects.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques is highly desirable.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Often leads collection and analysis of data and information from business users to understand how systems can solve business problems, and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Engage and may lead in collection and analysis of possible project engagements, documenting project scope (objectives, deliverables, critical success factors, assumptions, global and regional considerations, and resource requirements), prioritization, cost/benefit, potential risks, and feasibility.
- Leadership and/or participation researching potential solutions (package and custom) and executing the software sourcing/selection process.
- Produces and may lead the definition and review of the content for user guides, training classes, and other end-user documentation for applications and processes.
- May lead the development of functional test scripts representing business processes and the verification activities that ensure that solutions meet business required.
- Has established knowledge & understanding of functional testing scenarios at both business and technical levels. May lead testing activities with appropriate technical and customer personnel, to ensure that customer interests are represented in all testing stages.
- Responsible for traceability of requirements, translation of business and system requirements into functional and technical specifications. Alerts team leadership when traceability appears weak, or is lost. When changes to the requirements occur, performs the impact analysis and recommends follow-through actions.
- Forges a network of beneficial relationships with all levels, including management, within IT organizations and the customers of IT in order to establish mutual trust and provide a foundation for high level project partnership. Initiates and develops working relationships with internal and external groups.
- Can lead meetings and following through on meeting commitments and action items.
- Applies influence, negotiates, and mediates discussions needed to make progress towards achieving business goals and objectives. May lead conflict resolution activities.
- Understands the business needs at a strategic level and can correlate problems to one or more processes, tools or systems.
- Provides production support for business applications and processes. Excellent problem solving skills is required.
- May lead interactions with third parties including application service providers and partners.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.