Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for establishing a culture of excellence in execution, continuous improvement, and communication within the Laser Technology production process. Through the direct and indirect management of production supervisors, team leaders, and assemblers, the Production Manager will be responsible for meeting objectives in the areas of People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost while complying with all internal as well as external policies and procedures. This individual will promote and drive Lean and Continuous Improvement as part of the daily work activities and will manage the manufacturing operations by planning production schedules, materials requirements, budgeting, and staffing needs.
* Hire, train, and supervise assembly and other manufacturing operations staff, as well as intermediate supervisors and team leaders.
* Develop training programs to facilitate cross training of manufacturing personnel, employee development, and quality systems compliance.
* Perform general management duties, evaluate training needs, performance appraisals, timekeeping, consistent application of organizational policies, development, promotions, and terminations
* Ensure compliance with ISO, GMP, and OSHA regulations
* Assure timely delivery of product per agreed-to build plan
* Monitor work, alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions, control flow of work to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools and equipment
* Provide prompt problem solving for key issues, driving through from root cause identification, containment, problem resolution, and ensuring repeat issues are avoided
* Act as a team role model and change agent. Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
* BS Degree in business administration, management or related fields or related/equivalent experience
* 8 plus years of experience in a high production and lean manufacturing environment
* 5 plus years of supervisory/managerial experience
* Sound knowledge of manufacturing operational systems, best practices, processes, and technology,
* Experience managing compliance associated with quality, regulatory, and safety policies
* Strong Knowledge of lean, six sigma, kaizen, and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Experience with process and equipment changes in a highly-regulated environment (IQ/OQ/PQ/PPQ)
* Ability to provide positive and constructive feedback, coach/mentor, and develop individuals
* Model the TE Connectivity core values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork and Innovation to create an Extraordinary Customer Experience internally and externally.
* May need to alter schedule at times to support events and activities on 2nd, 3rd and Weekend Shifts.
* Medical device manufacturing experience preferred
What TE Connectivity Offers
We offer a competitive \\"total rewards\\" compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meets the needs of our employees.
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Benefits start on day one
* Charity Donation Matching Program
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Employee Resource Groups
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Healthcare for Associates and Families
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.