Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Industry Job Title
Senior Database Architect
Internal Position Title
Sr. Software Engineer
Contract Award Contingency
ENSCO s Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division designs, develops and manufactures precision, high-speed, real-time track inspection systems and associated decision-making software packages for the national and international railway market. We are looking for a Database Architect to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
For this role, you should know how to analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. Hands-on experience with SQL. Ideally, you are excited by the opportunity to work with Big data, predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools. Ultimately, you will develop database solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
* Develop database solutions to store and retrieve information
* Analyze structural requirements for new and existing software and applications
* Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
* Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
* Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
* Optimize new and current database systems
* Define security and backup procedures
* Coordinate with the software team to identify future needs and requirement
Qualifications Required (Skills)
BS in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent.
5 Years relevant experience to include 3 years proven work experience as a Database Architect, Database Developer or similar role
* In-depth understanding of database structure principles
* Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
* Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
* In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
* Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
* Hands on experience with SQL, Java and Linux
* Database Technologies including MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, AWS Aurora, NoSQL and Hadoop
* Proven analytical skills
Coupled with the technical skills the successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving ability.
* Masters in Computer Science or relevant field
* Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
* Previous exposure to Geographic Information Systems
* Experience with ETL and related tools (Talend, Informatica, Pentaho)
* SDLC, requirement analysis would be advantages
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 5 yrs related exp
Security Clearance Level
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government.
Background Check Type
Applied Technology and Engineering Division
The Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is located in Springfield, Va. The ATE Division is the rail industry s source for high-speed and intercity rail safety, track inspection systems, track inspection services, vehicle evaluation testing, rail asset management, and rail security.
ATE employees bring together decades of experience and the latest technologies, including laser scanners, real-time signal processing, machine vision, GPS/inertial navigation, wireless communication, and Web data management. The result is efficient, effective products and services that meet the precise needs of the rail community.
The ATE Division s extensive background in research and development, rail and vehicle inspection, and asset management makes ENSCO uniquely qualified to not only provide a solution the challenge at hand, but to integrate the solution with other legacy systems already in place.
Key customers include the Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. commercial rail organizations, and government agencies abroad.
Strength in Diversity
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law..