Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: McLean, Virginia
Senior IT Systems Engineer
Capgemini Government Solutions (CGGS) LLC is seeking highly motivated and experienced Senior IT Systems Engineer to work with the IT team in our McLean Office. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact responsible for maintaining the high availability of company systems and infrastructure and must have experience working in a virtualized Windows environment with cloud-enabled systems. Role responsibilities span traditional systems/network administration activities and include the administration and operation of virtual and physical servers; imaging and software deployment support for laptop computers; applying security updates and patches to servers; administering cloud services/systems; and troubleshooting network issues. The Senior IT Systems Engineer will report to the Director of IT and work closely with the Junior IT/Helpdesk Analyst.
The position requires the applicant to have a strong customer service dispensation (i.e. can do attitude), excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate technical information (whether verbal or written) to a wide range of end-users (who are geographically distributed).
As a Senior IT Systems Engineer, you will:
* Provide Windows/IIS/SQL systems administration support in a virtualized Production environment (VMWare ESXi).
* Provide Windows Server infrastructure troubleshooting and support (Server 2008, 2012, and 2016).
* Support and troubleshoot access to hosted/cloud-based services for end-users (e.g. Office 365 email, laptop backup, Dynamics CRM, HR system, Accounting systems, etc.).
* Support user account maintenance using Active Directory (i.e. account creation, password resets, and account disabling/termination)
* Deploy, maintain, and monitor Active Directory synchronization tools for cloud systems (e.g. SAML/ADFS, Network Policy Server (NPS))
* Builds, tests, monitors, and configures patch deployments, software deployment/installation packages, and OS images to servers and end-user laptops using Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
* Develop, configure, and test new desktop and server OS builds.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs (i.e. backup, PowerShell scripts, scheduled tasks etc.).
* Provide problem management and troubleshooting support and diagnose and resolve critical software and server issues.
* Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support, laptop computers, printers, mobile devices, VOIP desk phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
* Install and provide support for laptops, tablets and mobile hardware and software.
* Develop and maintain detailed and accurate documentation. (Documentation may be required for operational procedures, troubleshooting aids, and technical analyses for products, features, and capabilities).
* Supervise/manage daily operations of the helpdesk and respond to help desk requests received through email (tickets), phone, or in person and ensure timely resolution.
* Provide regular feedback to team and management on system performance and risks.
* Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
* May be required to perform other related duties as needed.
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* Bachelor s degree in Technical Background or equivalence in experience
* 7-10 years of relevant industry experience with at least 3-5 years in a systems administration role
* CompTia A+ Certification
* CompTia Security + Certification
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective work relationships.
* Ability to communicate, plan and organize effectively.
* Provide on-call service for after-hours support including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Prior experience in a small-scale IT environment
* Relevant Certifications desired: Microsoft Certified System Admin (MCSA), A+
* Microsoft PowerShell development experience
* Windows deployment experience (i.e. hardening, baseline configuration)
* MDM experience (Sophos or Maas360)
* VMWare ESXi 5.5/6.5, VCenter
* Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, and 2016
* Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
* Sophos Disc Encryption
* Linux based images (Qualys, Firemon)
* Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant servers
* HP Storage Area Network (SAN) 3Par
* Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
* Polycom VOIP Phones
* Networking equipment (Cisco Switches and Fortinet firewalls)
* Wireless Infrastructure (Aerohive)
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.