Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Hearst’s Enthusiast Group—Bicycling, Popular Mechanics, and Runner’s World—seeks an energetic, creative, detail-obsessed designer to focus primarily on digital design while also contributing to print, collateral materials, and all other content produced by our brands. This person will be responsible for assisting in the creation, production, and distribution of design solutions for content, with a particular aim on elevating and innovating within our OS. Duties include working with the Design Director, design staff, and content editors to produce vivid, authentic, clear, exciting designs that engage our audience, generate interest and acclaim within and beyond our endemic community, and gain recognition and generate revenue for the brands. The ability to shoot professional-level photographs, and to create photo-illustrations and original digital illustrations and animations is a plus. The ideal candidate combines a design and photographic background with an affinity for the subject matter of our brands, and is someone who can access creativity while maintaining brand guidelines throughout all materials they create. NOTE: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with salary requirements and a link to a portfolio of design work. The role is based in the Enthusiast Group headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
• Work with the Design Director and design staff to create bold and effective designs of all types of content across all channels
• Produce all designs and original material on an aggressive budget and production schedule
• Manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• 3-5 years professional design experience (1+ digital) providing design content in a competitive and deadline-driven environment for media or other brands
• Experienced with designing within Adobe Creative Suite and other OS
• Must possess a definitive creative vision, a high level of design
sophistication, a keen eye for photography, and strong typography skills
• Ability to create photo-illustrations, illustrations and infographics
• Budget- and metric-driven personality
• Ability to manage feedback from multiple parties and deal with fast-changing priorities
• Must be able to work flexible hours as needed