Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. We believe that our people are the key to the company s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
The zoning team oversees one or more projects on an ongoing and regular basis. Individually, or as part of a team, responsible for project planning and tracking, risk management, and issue resolution. Duties may include: assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project, communicating projects status and issues to team and management, acting to reduce risk and resolve issues. Coordinates with other projects and work groups.
* Reviewing property surveys and comparing conditions noted to municipal zoning requirements for particular projects
* Proof read out-bound reports, checking for correct content, spelling, grammar, etc.
* Maintains appropriate logs, tracks information as needed, records and filed for information & tracking purposes
* Communicates status with clients on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis, sending out reports and information to clients, addressing all client comments
* Interprets code sections and compares regulations to the survey of properties to determine conformance status
* Builds zoning reports
* Assembles reports
* May facilitate status meetings
* May assist client manager/zoning dept. supervisor in the administration/coordination of a project or have responsibility over a smaller scale project or project area
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY USED
* MS Software skills
* Analytical review skills
* Strong project planning skills
* Experience facilitating meetings with cross functional team members.
* Presentation skills
* Experience managing projects with complex inter-dependencies.
* Experience managing project budgets.
* Oral communication skills sufficient to explain business needs to technical personnel and technical information to users.
* Written communication skills sufficient to create project plans and other project documentation
* High School Diploma Required
* College Degree preferred
TYPICAL RANGE OF EXPERIENCE
* 1+ years experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..