Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Remote work arrangements could be made for this position. The position could be located in any US state, near a city with airport.
Position Purpose & Summary
The Sr. Technical Services Specialist will deliver value for Cargill Starches, Sweeteners and Texturizers (CSST) by:
1. Identifying and executing new business development projects through direct relationships with customers, direct management of projects, and by providing technical and market expertise to support other Sales and Technical Services colleagues. This may include colleagues in other regions and businesses.
2. Identifying, implementing and coordinating training programs for the Americas Research and Development (R&D) and commercial teams.
3. Providing technical support for your category of expertise by working with Product Line Management in Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Asia, regional R&D resources and other Cargill shared resources.
80% Responsible for customer accounts. Hunt for new opportunities aligning customer needs and market drivers with our capabilities by developing deep relationships with customers and providing technical credibility that drives differentiation and innovation. Shares intimate customer knowledge, and provides insight to customer needs, trends and competitor comparisons. Leverages internal and external resources to effectively deliver Texturizers and Specialties (T&S) goals. Works with Sales and Marketing team members on customer satisfaction and account planning, as well as pipeline development. Prioritizes projects according to the T&S strategy and available capacity; drives projects to completion by working with project teams to clearly identify scope and timelines; secures necessary resources; and removes barriers to success.
10% Identify, implement, and coordinate training programs for the Americas R&D and commercial teams. Recognize regional, team, and individual training needs using the employee engagement process, focus groups, and team discussions. Present options and gain alignment with the CSST R&D Leadership Team. Identify Sales & Marketing product and technical training needs and incorporate those into the program; identify other training vehicles for Sales, Marketing, Product Lines, and customers such as webinars, briefs, etc. Explore and contribute to industry appropriate external training courses
10% Provide technical support for T&S product lines used by your category of expertise by working with Product Line Management in Americas, EMEA, and Asia, regional R&D resources and other Cargill shared resources. Work with the Americas Product Line Managers to support the development of products to meet customer needs and maintain a portfolio of New Business Development projects to drive T&S ingredient sales. Assist maintaining and reporting on New Business Development projects in Salesforce.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or a related degree.
• 5 or more years experience in Research & Development or Technical Services.
• Ability to promote and work within an inclusive environment.
• Demonstrated collaboration skills, both within and between groups, as well as with external customers.
• Effective communication of in-depth technical information at all levels within Cargill and with customers, and excellent communication and influencing skills, particularly verbal and presentation skills.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to work independently and in team environment.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
• Master’s Degree in Science or Food Science.
• Prior experience managing customer relationships.
• Customer segmentation and data capture (Salesforce.com) experience.
• Technical Project Management experience.
• Applications knowledge in convenience category.
• Demonstrated creativity, collaboration and innovation skills.