Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Covington, Kentucky
Requisition ID: 39461
Business Unit: Engine Systems Kentucky (3170)
KY, United States, 41018
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The HRBP partners with managers and employees to align human resource services with the business objectives. Acts as change agent, leads the talent management activities, anticipates and assesses human resources related needs and seeks to implement integrated solutions. Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees.
The Human Resources Partner will also manage the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HRBP carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental processes, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, recruiting, and other related activities.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Implements and reviews Human Resource processes/systems on an on-going basis for effectiveness within the HR department
* Proactively administers HR policies, programs, and other employee information
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency rules/requirements
* Maintains internal and external recruiting processes including managing online systems for applicants, scheduling interviews, interfacing with staffing agencies, hiring managers and candidates
* Coordinates internal changes within the HRIS system in a timely and accurate manner
* Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
* Tracks, maintains and manages all items related to Workers Compensation
* Tracks, maintains and manages all items related to Leave of Absences for FMLA, CFRA, ADA, PDL and in compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
* Coordinates all company compliance activity and training
* Responsible for departmental reporting, monthly and quarterly HR metrics and data submission to management and corporate office
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
* Provides support to employees and managers on various employee relations items as needed
* Conduct audits of all I-9 forms and documentation regularly to ensure forms are in compliance
* Create and maintain professional level job descriptions
* Assists managers with creating training matrix of all positions in the organization.
* Performs special projects related to HR and serves as the HR representative on cross functional teams
* Trains department employees on general HR processes
* Assists with open enrollment process and administration of benefit plans including employee communication and training
* Responsible for oversight of the Affirmative Action plan including reports, audits and regulations
* Coordinates employee engagement events, quarterly all hands meetings, service awards, holiday events, etc.
* Conduct exit interviews of all professional level positions and identify trends
Education Level: (PREFERRED) Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience, previous experience as HR Generalist or HRBP.
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
5+ years of experience in manufacturing preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Requires excellent planning, organizational and motivational skills.
* Knowledge of HRIS a must.
* Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Requires strong interpersonal communications (written and verbal) with a positive attitude and ability to motivate an influence others.
* Have the ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks on a timely basis.
* Have the ability to maintain flexibility and be adaptable to the ever-changing needs of the company.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.