Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 14792
The Senior Technical Accountant will be a key member of AMETEK’s Corporate Accounting team to help maintain the high quality of our financial reporting. The Senior Accountant will act as a key member of the financial reporting team on U.S. GAAP compliance related matters and research on Accounting Standards. He/she will work with experienced team members in a collaborative environment. At AMETEK, we are committed to quality and service while maintaining a work life balance.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure research and compliance with U.S. GAAP, including revenue recognition (ASC 606), lease accounting (ASC 842), and business combinations (ASC 805)
• Research newly issued standards and prepare accounting memos to internal management and external auditors
• Support Accounting/Finance acquisition related due diligence and business combinations accounting
• Support Operations in their adherence to proper Revenue Recognition Accounting
• Create, manage, and maintain Company’s accounting policies
• Create and maintain procedures
• Other Activities as required by Financial Reporting Team
Education and /or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Minimum 3-5 years related experience; Big 4/6 a plus,
• Demonstrated experience with ASC 606 ASC 842, and ASC 805
• Ability to apply GAAP to practical business matters
• Microsoft Office Suite:
Excel – including in pivot tables, data sorts, etc.
Word – including in document drafting, tables, and links
Power point – proficient in preparing presentation slides
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.