Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mount Prospect, Illinois
Job ID: 14284
The OpEx Project Manager will support the Global Manager, Quality and Operational Excellence in identifying, prioritizing and managing the pipeline of projects that compose our Material, VA/VE, and other OpEx savings opportunities.
This role will be responsible for:
- Managing projects for cost reduction, quality improvement, operational efficiency, new product development, acquisition integration and outsourcing.
- Collect, format, and analyze complex operational efficiency and/or sourcing related data variables in Excel spreadsheet form. Ability to use this analysis tool to provide management with clear, concise solutions to improve the business.
- Utilize Lean, Six-Sigma, Kaizen and other proven techniques to improve efficiency, quality and cost basis across the Atlas Operation and Supply Chain.
- Create and maintain process flow, work instructions, and quality management documentation.
- Develop and maintain a Make / Buy decision strategy for key categories of spend, factoring in major relevant factors to ensure best approach in support of the product portfolio and operational improvements.
- Support supplier selection, evaluation and improvement initiatives.
- Develop RFQ’s to market test current purchased components to gain the best competitive price.
- Negotiate favorable terms with suppliers to obtain the lowest “total cost of acquisition” for purchased components.
- Develop and create reports to measure progress and report Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) to Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent level of education and experience
- Relevant experience in a high mix, low volume, assembly manufacturing environment, focused on electro-mechanical products.
- International supply chain experience preferred.
- Practical experience implementing Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Practical experience in the quality management function of an ISO 9001 accredited manufacturing operation
- Any of APICS, ISM, Lean, Six-Sigma certifications or education
- Strong communication, project management, and negotiation skills.
- Experience utilizing prints, specifications, schematics, drawings and other technical documentation to make sourcing decisions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity and experience using relevant ERP system modules
- Fluent in English, German speaking preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.