Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Margate, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST FT
Northwest Medical Center
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
With the opening of our brand new, state of the art CV Tower and the future expansion of our Emergency Room which will double our ER in size, there is a lot of opportunity for professional growth. Cardiac services, oncology, neurosurgery and The Spine Institute - these are just a few of the areas in which we excel! Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
The Ultrasound Tech performs diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. The position's tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
* Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or pregnancy ultrasound.
* Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
* Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
* Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
* Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
* Maintains and calibrates equipment.
* Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
* Assists with transporting patients.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultrasonographers.
* Current RDMS in AB and/or OB required
* Current RVT Certification required
* Must have BLS issued by the American Heart Association
* Any new graduate ultrasound technologist hired must be registry eligible at the time of hire and become RDMS certified for Abdomen within six (6) months of hire and become vascular certified (RVT or RVS) within 12 months of date of hire.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.