Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Montpelier, Vermont
The focus of this critical field-based liaison position involves the development and execution of specific payer communication plans for delivering scientific, clinical and health economic information for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and Sarepta marketed and pipeline products. During execution of these communication plans, the Sr. MSL, Managed Markets is tasked with ensuring the delivery of scientifically credible and consistent key value messages to public and private payer segments. S/he will serve as a scientific resource for a number of key customers including, but not limited to, clinical decision makers in the payer and managed care community. The successful candidate will be a highly driven individual who combines scientific knowledge with a focus on customer service and compassion for the patients we serve. The person in this position will also need to be willing to actively contribute to the development of medical resources to support payer education regarding DMD and the safe and appropriate use of Sarepta products. The territory covers the following states: ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, WV, VA, DC, NC.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key clinical decision makers within the payer and managed care community
* Work closely with National Account Directors to help educate payer and market access customers on disease and treatment
* Interface with key customers/opinion leaders and assist internal stakeholders in interpretation of key scientific data to support policy decision-makers
* Prepare and deliver fair-balanced and comprehensive responses to clinical and scientific concerns of payer/managed care customers
* Communicate scientific information clearly in a variety of settings, including internal meetings, advisory boards, and 1:1 or group discussions with clinical decision makers, as requested
* Provide assistance in the development of payer tools/dossiers to demonstrate value from a payer perspective to support the safe and appropriate use of Sarepta products
* Participate in internal training and planning of national and regional opinion leader meetings
* Attend select scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of providing Medical Affairs support and engaging in scientific exchange with key decision makers
Education and Skills Requirements:
* MD, PhD, PharmD, Genetic Counselor or NP/PA preferred
* Experience and knowledge of government and private payer relationships; direct experience in a payer environment is preferred
* Ability to comprehend current literature and a thorough understanding of health economics
* Familiarity with and track record of complying with industry and regulatory compliance guidelines
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaborative team environment
* Willingness to travel 50%
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional listening skills, strong presentation skills, and good negotiating and influencing skills
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.