Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fall River, Massachusetts
FR Gas Utilities Construction & Maintenance Person
Operations & Maintenance
Fall River, MA
Liberty Utilities is a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Our Construction and Maintenance department in Fall River Massachusetts has an opening for an experienced Street Person to perform pipeline construction and maintenance activities which include but not limited to new main and service installations, replaced mains and services, leak pinpointing, leak repairs and asphalt restoration.
* Operate rock drills, pavement breakers, compactors
* Operate various hand tools included but not limited to: sledge hammers, piston scalers, wrenches, plunger bars, pry bars, various tapping equipment
* Perform hard physical labor
* Perform asphalt restoration
* Maintain adequate stock and safety equipment on crew truck
* Ability to interpret main and service records from various maps, records and prints
* Must have a High School Diploma
* Must have prior experience in construction activities related to the natural gas industry
* Must possess a valid driver s license
* CDL and Class A driver s license a plus
* Must have a DOT health card
* Must have the ability to wear a respirator and or a supplied air breathing apparatus
* Must have good mechanical ability
* Must have ability to read and write legibly
* Must be in good physical condition and able to perform hard physical labor
* Must pass Field Aptitude Test
* Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
* Must be able to tolerate extreme heat and cold conditions
* Must be able to work in excess of 8 hours on occasion up to 16 hours of continuous service within a 24 hour work day
* Must be able to work overtime, scheduled and unscheduled anytime, day, night, Saturday, Sundays and holidays
Click for more information on what it\'s like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company. Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer