Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
CASE MANAGER I
The Case Manager will work with one of the following emergency housing Units managed by Resources for Human Development (RHD).
The Case Manager is expected to be an active member of Hope House s leadership team, and as such, the Case Manager will be expected to participate in the on-call supervisor process and to act as a liaison between direct care staff and the management team as a Lead Worker.
It is preferred that the Case Manager position meet the minimal qualifications for Mental Health Professional under Chapter 5240. Crisis Interventions Services Proposed Rulemaking document.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
* To spend at least 75% of scheduled time in direct, face-to-face or telephone interactions with consumers or collaterals during hours when consumers are awake.
* Assist consumers in the completion and filing of DPW and MA applications.
* To procure and send records as needed for continued care.
* To complete all necessary Health Choices/County authorization requests, continued stay requests, and discharge reviews.
* Assure that all consumers have appropriate follow-up appointments scheduled as needed for aftercare.
* Take part in the Residence Treatment Team assisting consumers in choosing appropriate goals and activities on their Crisis Resolution Plan.
* Provide consumer transportation to approved appointments as needed.
* To follow any instructions from the previous shift for special consumer needs (such as refilling or renewing prescriptions).
* To complete all duties and responsibilities of the Mental Health Professional/Crisis Worker during times when performance as such is expected.
* To facilitate the referral to and intake of consumers into the crisis residence, including arranging or providing transportation to Hope House, completing admission interviews and paperwork, including verification of EVS status, and documenting needed information in the Hope House Crisis Service Database.
* To provide referral and other case management services for consumers and families.
* To document all work performed in the appropriate consumer files and in the Hope House Crisis Service Database.
* To work jointly with crisis workers to prioritize daily tasks needing completion on scheduled shifts
* To exhibit professional behavior treating consumers and co-workers with respect.
* To represent Hope House in phone and personal meetings with funders and outside agencies.
* To perform clean-up and maintenance duties as assigned on the chore list posted in the office.
* To identify and resolve maintenance problems and to report larger issues to supervisory personnel.
* To document ALL case management activities/contacts in the Case Management Note
Other Case Management Duties
* Accurately complete personal materials in a timely manner; i.e.: time sheets, requests for time off, etc.
* Come prepared for, attend, and participate in mandatory trainings, and supervisory and staff meetings as scheduled; i.e.: staff supervision, team and staff meetings, etc.
* Participate in on-going workgroups as assigned.
* Consistent use of Universal Precautions when working with potentially hazardous materials/ situations including but not limited to, minor first aid administration, diabetes or other blood testing, room cleaning/ laundry washing, etc.
* Maintain all HIPPA and confidentiality regulations set for the by the Federal, State, and Local Governing bodies, Resources for Human Development and Hope House, RHD.
* Complete a routine Fire Drill monthly on each sift as scheduled and a routine Disaster Drill quarterly as scheduled.
* Perform other duties assigned by the Director or Assistant Director with the general functions of the position.
* Be able to sit for a minimum of two (2) hours during an eight (8) hour shift
* Be able to stand/ walk for a minimum of two (2) hours during an eight (8) hour shift
* Be able to kneel/ squat
* Be able to lift up to 20lbs
The Hope House Case Manager shall be a person with an interest in and understanding of individuals with mental illness and experience working with this population. He or she will be a mature individual with sound judgment who represents an appropriate resource for consumers and collaterals. He or she shall be flexible enough to respond to crisis situations, work collaboratively as a team, and take responsibility when decisions have to be made. He or she must have the ability and experience to make independent decisions when consultation with supervisory staff is not possible.
It is preferred that the Case Manager position exceed qualifications for the established Mental Health Professional position as per Pennsylvania State Regulations Title 55 Public Welfare, Part VII Mental Health Manual, Subpart D. Nonresidential agencies/ Facilities/ Services, Chapter 5240 Crisis Intervention Services, Section 5240.31 Staff Requirements, most recent revised addition dated 09.15.2014 or the most recent dated update. The Case Manager must have a valid driver s license and reliable means of transportation, and provide a negative FBI fingerprint, child abuse, and criminal background clearance.
Hope House, RHD is an equal opportunity employer and conducts its hiring practices in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and local civil rights laws and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status.