The Director of the SAP Center of Excellence (COE) – Operations will have responsibility for defining and leading initiatives to improve all aspects of business process, solution and application integration within and utilizing SAP for Operations functions (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Plant Maintenance).
- Contribute to and execute the business roadmap for the SAP Platform and associated technologies working with business partners to ensure demand is prioritized, projects and solutions are effective and business functions are supported.
- Design, improve and implement robust and controlled business process solutions for Operations functions utilizing SAP and supporting systems to ensure effective integration with other business functions and applications
Oversee the development and implementation of solutions that ensure data consistency and availability. Ensure the Master Data Governance policies, guidelines and day to day execution is effective and efficient.
- Continually improve the use of internal IT processes and tools based on ITIL standards for Incident Management, Request Fulfillment IT Controls and Service/Performance Optimization.
- Support the implementation of consistent and efficient integration approaches for the Company's merger and acquisition initiatives and lead the implementation of mergers and acquisitions for SAP and integrated applications
- Develop, implement and influence Emergent’s strategic objectives and collaborate on updating the long-term business application roadmap based on those objectives and in overall alignment to the IT Strategy.
- Work with business and IT teams to define and deploy best in class business process and integration improvements utilizing SAP and Life sciences best practices
- Contribute to and execute the technology vision for the SAP Platform and work with business partners to propose enhancements to support Emergent.
Enable Emergent’s growth strategy by driving efficiency and agility in application development and SAP platform management by leveraging SAP best practices, minimizing customization and assessing IT trends within the organization. Serve as liaison for integration related decisions.
- Lead teams of SAP Business Analysts and other project team members from the business in the delivery of critical projects which require end to end process and technical expertise based on best practices, business process and SAP expertise.
- Understand and manage client expectations to ensure strong client service and satisfaction by meeting the needs of clients in a complete and timely manner.
- Manage relationships with Service Providers/Vendors and internal customers on an ongoing basis.
- Provide input into resource planning, staffing needs, cost estimation, budget development and cost control.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the SAP subject matter expert network and SAP training materials; guiding and partnering with SAP Business Analysts to ensure ongoing and effective sustainability.
- Lead career development and succession management efforts to ensure retention, motivation and engagement of current and future staff; coach and mentor employees’ professional and technical development.
- Provide an environment that allows and perpetuates empowerment by pushing decision making responsibility down to the lowest level within practical qualifications.
Project Management and Execution
- Leads SAP initiatives, develop project plans and manage the implementation.
- Ensure project deadlines and schedules are met; ensure project team members prioritize multiple tasks effectively and understand the components of running a fiscally successful project.
- Coaching/advising project team members on project management best practices and consistent application of project standards.
- Partner with appropriate Emergent personnel to understand project concept, objectives and approach.
- Partner with the business owner and project management to define project scope and objectives.
- Document, prioritize and track requests (changes, enhancements, etc.) and coordinate with the IT Change Advisory Board (ITCAB).
Business Analysis and Reporting
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
Proactively communicate and collaborate with business owners to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following deliverables as needed: User Requirements, Functional requirements, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs etc.
- Partner with Emergent personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or business processes.
- Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business applications.
- Review technical documents with functional leads or project team to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
Quality Assurance and Testing
- Oversee technical design specifications, define test conditions, develop accurate and complete test plans and conduct/coordinate testing according to plan following all change control processes.
- Identify and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all documentation accurately reflects the current status of changes and outstanding issues so that business requirements reflect application features and functions.
- Ensure that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management process.
- Work with appropriate personnel to ensure the appropriate level of testing for new functionality or change requests.
- Ensure continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes and enhancements, testing and releasing updates.
- Oversee the identification and maintenance of training requirements with respect to existing or new technologies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is required specializing in computer science, information systems, or a related field; advanced degree strongly recommended.
- 8 – 10 + years in leading design, initiatives and on-going support for Operations functions (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Plant Maintenance) enabling process and system improvements
- 8 – 10+ years expert-level knowledge of SAP module configuration (PP, MM, SD, PS, QM) as well as integration within SAP to other modules.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in leading SAP integration efforts for mergers and acquisitions
- Knowledge of SOX compliance and its impact on SAP configuration.
- 5+ years of SAP functional experience in the SAP environment or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 5+ years of experience in SAP/business application support and delivery in a validated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment leveraging SAP capabilities and best practices.
- Expert knowledge in Computerized System Validation
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance/Compliance, 21 CFR Part 11 and other FDA regulations
- Proven project management and leadership skills, including the ability to gather clear business requirements and develop value-based business cases.
- Detailed knowledge of integration points between QM, SD, WM, PP, MM and other SAP modules.
Type/keyboard and visual acuity. Use phone, fax, copier, and computer. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communication and prepare transactional documents.
Ability to travel up to 25% to Emergent sites