Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, New York
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based networking and managed servicing solutions. Solutions include Internet access, Ethernet, Managed Network Services, Voice solutions, TV solutions, Managed Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
The Manager of Network Engineering is responsible for providing guidance and direction to the Network Engineering team on day-to-day activities regarding monitoring the network, installation sites, trouble isolation and repair of identified and reported problems. This position is responsible for the hiring, training, development, and performance management of staff.
What you will do
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
* Develop a disciplined, detailed and structured team to drive a high-performance culture and environment.
* Provide engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
* Work with staff to ensure that individual team metrics and goals are being met.
* Ensure required reports are timely, accurate and complete.
* Provide technical guidance and assistance as required for problem resolution.
* Oversee the daily activities of Network Services and perform direct supervision of team members, including performance reviews, career development, and staffing.
* Adhere to industry-specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
* Know, understand and follow company policy.
* Establish positive employee relations through effective communication and ongoing support.
* Performs additional duties related to this position as assigned.
Required keys for success
* Six years of network operations or implementation experience
* Three years of management experience in a 24/7 operations center
* Two years of project management experience
* Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, clients, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
* Ability to analyze and interpret data
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to supervise and motivate others
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
* Knowledge and experience with Network and Element Management tools
* Knowledge of cable, voice and data communications networks, and associated elements
* Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and operations
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and SNMP
* Knowledge of HFC networks
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Demonstrated leadership qualities
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
* Industry and vendor-specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.) (preferred)
* Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E) (preferred)
What you can expect
* Office environment
* Varying schedules in a 24/7 Network Center
* Travel as required
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.