Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Service Coordinator
Coordinates, monitors and improves field service activities for an organization. Provides supports and guidance to service personnel who perform on-site routine services including installation, maintenance, and repair. Ensures field services are effective and customer requirements are met. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the fire protection industry. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead or direct the work of others. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Collect and enter payroll from Service Fitters.
* Coordinate manpower with Service department and/or branch offices as needed.
* Contact fitters by Nextel or home telephone to make sure they get to the appropriate job as directed by the superintendent.
* Assist with maintain safety program with Service Dept. including TBT
* Run and Review CIP reports for Service Dept.
* Prepare expense report for Service Dept.
* Perform basic accounting functions such as billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
* Create and maintain office records, work tickets and accrual work sheets for invoices.
* Schedule all inspections for Service Dept. as well as occasionally attend on site working pressure hydro, rough, and final inspections.
* Check the fabrication shop for material that may have missed the delivery truck, large back ordered items, etc. and schedule for delivery.
* Fulfill daily needs of fitters, including test papers, work tickets, envelopes, markers, etc.
* Responsible for customer interface between project managers and field operations.
* Coordinate and attend pre-start and construction meetings.
* Perform general office duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and scheduling appointments.
* Schedule hydrostatic, dry trip tests, and fire pump tests.
* Obtain paperwork from the field and distribute to appropriate departments for processing, including work tickets, test papers, expense receipts, payroll information, packing lists, and signed off punch lists.
* Obtain weekly timesheet information from fitters, complete timesheets, verify timesheet reports with superintendents and turn in to the Payroll department when the Office Manager is off.
* Follow up with all new employees to get the appropriate completed payroll paperwork turned in before they can receive their first paycheck.
* Obtain expense report information from field, including receipts and submit expense reports to Accounts Payable for processing.
* Answer busy phone line and respond to each caller.
* Track labor reporting for completed jobs.
* PM jobs.
* Issue all subcontracts and subcontract purchase orders for contract jobs and approve all subcontract invoices for payment.
* Help Project Manager and Superintendent schedule and coordinate subcontractor work on projects.
* Process lay off checks with Corporate.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Work Experience:
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* 5+ years previous experience in Administrative Coordinator; preferably in the construction industry.
* Excellent computer skills, good verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven organizational skills and the demeanor to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, and particularly Excel.)
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities to perform this job successfully. The ideal candidate will possess good oral and written communication skills in addition to good organization skills.
* Must think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results.
* Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management.
* Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
* Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills.
* Must follow-up on tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Must prioritize in a fast paced multi-task environment.
* Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
* Must work with minimal supervision.
* Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.