Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: silver spring, Maryland
Job Code: #3012
Title: Accountant I
Date Posted: 03/01/2019
Job Type: Contract To Hire
Job Location: Silver Spring Maryland
Accountant I Position Description
Major Purpose of this job:
Accountant I will provide timely accurate, compliant, and confidential processing of timekeeping, payroll, and labor management data for employees paired with general accounting responsibilities to support the financial management of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
He/she must be able to:
* Assist with the processing of multi-state payroll through technology on an accurate, timely, and
* streamlines basis to ensure that employees are compensated for the appropriate amount of earning and time off allowances as appropriate.
* Assist with entering in new employees into payroll system.
* Under general supervision, performs accounts payable maintenance/processing for payment; processes.
* Purchase order invoices/receiving reports, check requests for payment and performs accounts receivable billings and reconciliations
* Provides customer service to numerous callers daily. This includes providing a status of payable and receivables transactions to customer agencies and their vendors
* Assist with month-end financial reports
* Post journal entries
* Help with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation
* Assist with internal departmental audits
* Balance sheet reconciliation
* Work with the finance team on yearly forecasting effort
* Filing and scanning accounting documents
* Detailed-oriented with strong prioritizing, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
* Process employee data (new hires, status changes, etc.)
* Calculate PTO time and track balances
* Transmit payroll to Paychex
* Process multi company payroll
* Process Brinks cards
* Process manual checks as needed
* Import hours from Bullhorn Back Office (BBO)
* Assist with entering in new employees into payroll system
* Assist with entering in timesheets
* Maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing payroll checks
* Assist with tax computations, account reconciliations and payroll
* Assist with HR functions as needed
* Other duties as assigned
* 24 hours of college accounting courses or one to two years of experience in an accounting related field.
* 6 months to 1 year of accounting experience
* Must be proficient with spreadsheets, and knowledgeable in various accounting software
* Experience in A/P, A/R. Payroll, Taxes
* Knowledge of accounting terminology related to an automated financial system; in addition to the
* requirements for processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collection transactions in an
* automated system
* Computer proficiency including spreadsheet, word processing, automated financial systems databases
* maintained on mainframes and personal computers
* Must have experience working with Paychex and QuickBooks, Bullhorn.
* Self-motivated and able to work independently on self-identified problems and projects
* Excellent communication skills required * Assist with company budgets planning, monitoring and audits Handle the budgets and audits * Assist with tax computations, account reconciliations and payroll
1st Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer