Posted in Other 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York City, New York
The School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University has an opening for an Administrative Assistant C03. This position will serve as the receptionist and initial point of contact for all visitors to 570 Lexington 11th & 12th floors. Clients include students, workshop participants, alumni, labor union officials, corporate executives and managers, major media reporters, campus visitors, external organizations and vendor.
This position provides general office support including greeting and checking in guests; answering general program-related questions; screening and authorizing access to the office space during regular business hours; guest point of contact for facilities and office equipment inquiries; opening office and providing support for custom and high level events; monitoring and ordering supplies. Provides back up support with catering ordering and room scheduling, and serves as back up for ILR Customer Service & Registration. This position will also support Cornell Library Remote Access services at 570 Lexington location.
The hours are: Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM 3:30 PM. Requires some flexibility in work hours, including occasional evenings or Saturdays with advance notice, for special event support.
This is a full-time (35 hour a week), bargaining unit position that falls under the non-exempt CWA contract. The position is based at the ILR NYC Extension office located at 570 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022.
More information about the ILR School can be obtained at our web site, http://www.ilr.cornell.edu and https://www.ilr.cornell.edu/nyc-conference-center
* Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Two to three years of customer service and administrative experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, visitors and participants.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure
* Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks that are urgent; balance conflicting priorities, and make decisions from a range of choices
* Ability to interact tactfully with diverse groups of individuals
* Ability to work with geographically dispersed customers
* Must be able to handle material in a professional manner
* Ability to take the initiative and be a pro-active team member
* Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
* Proficiency in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
* Proficiency with Outlook e-mail and calendaring
* Demonstrated data entry skills/experience
* Accuracy in spelling, grammar, proofreading and attention to detail required
* Requires some flexibility in work hours, including occasional evenings or Saturdays with advance notice, for special event support
* Ability to learn new software applications as needed
* Previous experience in a hospitality setting
* Prior experience with website maintenance working with HTML or other web development tools such as Drupal
* Experience with Adobe pdf functionality
* Prior experience with event planning
* Familiarity with virtual meetings, presentations, and webcasts using WebEx, Adobe Connect, and Zoom
* Experienced with survey software
* Experience with Event Management System (EMS)
* Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management systems
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship provided for this position.
Interested parties should submit a resume and cover letter describing qualifications on-line at http://www.ohr.cornell.edu/jobs under staff positions section.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach resume and cover letter in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the Drop Files Here box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate.
This is a full-time, non-exempt bargaining unit position that falls under the CWA contract. The position is based at the ILR NYC Extension office located at 570 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022.
UNIVERSITY JOB TITLE:Administrative Assistant C03
PAY RATE TYPE:Hourly
CONTACT NAME:Tonya Eiklor
NUMBER OF OPENINGS:1
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your HOME dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
ONLINE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by dragging and dropping them into the dropbox or by using the upload icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Office of Workforce Policy and Labor Relations at voice (607) 255-6866, fax (607) 255-0298, or email at email@example.com.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by CLICKING HERE. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.